Changing young lives through athletics
Personal Best Foundation, supported by England Athletics, undertakes vital work to raise funds, research the challenges and provide increased opportunities and interventions to engage, inspire and support children and young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and communities, helping change young lives through athletics therefore they commissioned Skylab to create a website that was going to get results for a great cause.
Brief & Goals
Our key objectives were outlined:
- The ability to house a robust donation and CRM functionality and allow for donations to be taken both one-off and regular donations and inspire and motivate new donors, getting impulsive and deliberate givers to donate more generously and effectively
- Be easy explore with an intuitive and easy to use navigation
- Adhere to the Institute of Fundraising Code of Practice and the Fundraising Regulator
- Tell a story and inspire action with the ability to house dynamic content such as imagery and video
- Have clear and concise messaging, communicating the impact of the charity and allowing admin to have the ability to tell stories of success, how to further careers and provide coaching
- Raise awareness of the charity with England Athletics members and stakeholders; coaches, officials volunteers, as well as athletes
- Be scalable with the ability to develop and grow
- Allow users to receive updates by signing up for a newsletter mailing list
To create an engaging nonprofit and charity website, it should possess an intuitive navigation, ease of use, and the ability to effectively convey the unique mission.
With this in mind, the PBF website incorporates the following features:
- Clear call to action’s, labelled with a tone of voice that promotes the user to engage
- A clear and simple donation process that is efficient and optimised across all devices.
- A strong use of visual content that creates impact and demonstrates what PBF is all about
- A navigation that is simple and intuitive to use, with well-defined user journeys and content hierarchy
- The ability to upload fresh content on a regular basis that encourages a user to return
- The ability to create specific landing pages that allow to test campaigns, messaging and referral channels
Built by fundraisers, for fundraisers
It was vital that PBF needed to find an easy-to-use and secure donation process, essential for any successful charity website. After reviewing the market, we advised to Integrate with leading third party, Donorfy, which allowed us to provide multiple donation options, such as one-time or recurring donations.
Donorfy provide their own integration where we were able to generate a form within their platform that also allowed the configuration of their payment gateways for both Stripe and GoCardless. Once the form had been generated and placed within a block on the website it was then styled so it was visually seamless with the rest of the design of the site.
In addition to this integration, we also leveraged the Donorfy API and connected it to the mailing list form allowing PBF to efficiently collect email addresses from the public and sign them up to the mailing list configured and managed within Donorfy.
Cloud-based. Easy to use. Integrated and powerful, yet flexible. Below is a list of key functionality provided by Donorfy that PBF required:
- Single complete view of each donor
- Capture online donations straight into the database from multiple sources including 3rd party (website, Facebook, Just Giving etc)
- Managing restricted gifts (high value, corporates, trusts)
- Manage every interaction with donors, prospects and supporters (comms history)
- Assign tasks and set up alerts
- Integrated comms (e.g., ability to process and thank donations quickly
- Automate gift aid collection
- Integrate with accounts system
- Grant management – managing pipeline of prospects, funders
- Compatible with other EA databases so we can recognise as an EA affiliated athlete, volunteer or Run Together
- Campaign management
- Event management
- Campaign dashboards
Since its launch in late 2022, the Personal Best Foundation charity website has received widespread praise across the industry. It expertly engages visitors, effectively communicates the organisation's mission, and successfully encourages and aids support for its cause.
Through its visually captivating design, compelling storytelling and clear calls-to-action, the website leaves a lasting impact on visitors, motivating them to become active participants in the foundation's important work.
Our innovative solutionsView all work
We would love to have an informal chat and share our knowledge and expertise with you.